On Saturday, I found out that the little boy who was across from Freja in the NICU had died earlier in the week. I am so sad for his family! He was doing so well, and after being in the NICU for over three months, he was able to go home. He only got to spend 10 days at home :(
When I went to the NICU several weeks ago to drop off the blankets I had made, I briefly saw his mom on her way to visit him. She seemed so happy and optimistic that everything was going to be okay.
I'm just so shocked, and so hurt for this family. To know that there are other people out there having to try to live through the fresh pain of losing a child really upsets me. I was so angry the other night. Angry at the world, angry at whatever higher powers are out there. How can this keep happening to our babies???
Monday, July 20, 2009
Posted by lost--for--words at 6:44 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh no, that's so sad! I also think about the other NICU babies who were there with Lachlan.
Hi Holly! Thank you for commenting on Carleigh's blog. I certainly remember you and have thought about you. I am glad that you have found a wonderful support group. It really helps. That is interesting your middle name is Lynn too. lol I think blogging is very therapeutic.
I can totally relate to what you are saying. the loss of a child to those who so want them, seems so unjust. it is a beautiful and brave thing that you did to bring blankets to the NICU. so selfless of an act. I couldnt even bring myself to go back to the hospital for the memorial service they held for all the children who had died that year. I am so sorry for the loss of your little Freja, and that you too have been dealt the double sucker punch of an unexpected diagnosis and loss like I have.
Post a Comment