
Today marks the five-month anniversary since my friend Holly's little girl Carleigh was born.
I met Holly in an April Due Date Club. We were both due to have our babies in April, but both our little girls decided to come in March, instead.
Little did I know that Holly and I would share more than our names; I knew of her Carleigh's terminal diagnosis before her birth, but not of Freja's at the time. My heart broke for her and I cried just trying to understand and make sense of the fact that the preparations for her baby's arrival included funeral arrangements and choosing a grave marker. I could not comprehend the pain of giving birth to a baby who would not live.
Boy, was I in for a shock of my own.
After Freja was born I soon realized that you, Holly, were brought to me for a very special reason. You made me aware that these things DO happen. Perhaps meeting you at the time I did was a gift from whatever higher power that might be out there, a way of helping me prepare subconciously for what I was going to have to face, as I read your blog before both our babies were born.

5 comments:
I've passed on an Honest Scrap Award to you. Your writing is always so honest and touching, and really resonates with me. You can check it out on my blog.
(((hugs))) Thank you for sharing your precious Freja with us. I am so sorry for your loss. And to open your heart to grieve with Carleigh's mom is truly loving of you. Peace.
Sending thoughts to you and Holly as you reflect on your sweet babies and their five month anniversaries. I agree with what you wrote here "After Freja was born I soon realized that you, Holly, were brought to me for a very special reason." such a beautiful testament to the friendship you have developed.
Thank you soooo much! This is absolutely wonderful!! Can you email me (caring4carleigh@yahoo.com) and let me know what beach this was so I can write it in her book? I love that you did this.
I remember your post about Freja and my heart just sunk. I knew what you were going through and I knew I couldn't do anything to make it better. I do believe that God had a hand in crossing our paths as I was never even on that due date club until close to Carleigh's birth. I just felt led to share my story there and I'm glad I did.
I hope that I can go to a beach some day and return the favor to all the people who have written my Carleigh's name.
Just a note to let you know that I too am giving you the Honest Scrap award for your blog because your writing is so sincere and from the heart. (you can grab the details from my blog) Peace.
Post a Comment