I headed out this afternoon to run some errands with the kids. I've been frantically trying to tie up loose ends, organize, and grocery shop before the imminent morning sickness strikes. Once the lovely nausea arrives that tends to last all day and night, I'll probably be flat out unable to do anything except the very minimal basics to keep the household going.
I was driving along after doing some grocery shopping, and I flipped down the mirror on my visor momentarily. I glanced up at myself, and in the sunlight, noticed something that strikingly resembled a grey hair. I quickly plucked it out and studied it at every angle possible (until I nearly rear-ended the driver in front of me.) Looking at my face in the sun, I definately look more weathered to myself than I did five months ago. Being one of those people who has looked to be about fifteen years old during most of her adult life - almost a poster child for the face of youth - I've never had a problem with the thought of growing older and looking the part, but I always hoped it would happen gracefully.
I can tell I've been down a hard road just by these changes on the outside. I hope I'm not going to end up being one of those people you see once in a while who look like they've lived hard lives and their faces, worn, tired and haggard tell their stories of sadness.
SGM Visits The Alpha Sigma Phi Fraternity House
4 years ago
6 comments:
I know what you mean. When I see pics of myself right before Peyton's birth, I don't recognize myself. It's like looking at myself as a kid, when it was just a year ago. I'm sorry that we have to wear our grief.
Yep, me too. If I look at photos of myself three years ago (before I lost my Freyja) and compare them to me now ... what a difference! I think I look about 10 years older now. I guess that's what to happens to mums who birth and bury their children. :-(
Stress makes you age a lot. I hope we can all find ways to ease the tension in our lives.
I feel this way too. I've started seeing white hairs, my head seems to have skipped grey altogether over the last 4 months. I was also someone who looked very young my whole life, but I guess that's over now.
I too have been sprinkled with silver. Almost over night it seems. My doctor says it's from stress..."really? Do you THINK so???" My husband says I have starlight in my hair now.
Hello. I finally found some blogs from MDC, now there are no sig. links it's taken me a while.
I've aged significantly since Emma died too. Tired eyes - that's what I have now. I've started wearing makeup where I never bothered before, a mask to hide behind.
Emerging butterfly: your husband sounds fantastic. That was such a wonderful thing to say.
Post a Comment