BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Breath Of Fresh Air

... In more ways than one.

The trip was great! I am so, so, SO thankful to have Val and Brian as friends. They are great, and really showed us a good time at their cabin in North-Western Ontario! I haven't laughed as much as I did there in a LONG time. It was so nice to have a break for a few days from my monotonous, somber life.

They took us to a really neat sheep/animal ranch:




The beautiful, breathtaking view from the deck of their cabin:


On Saturday we attempted to take a walk through a fairly long trail in the bush. It had stopped raining for a while, and the sun began to peek out. We didn't get too far down the trail because Boo was thirsty and I stupidly forgot to bring her sippy cup, but I did manage to get some neat pics.


The sunset on the ride home that absolutely blew me away:


We did so much. We went to Blue Lake Provincial Park, where the water was so clear that you could see the bottom. The kids swam and splashed around in the water, and we explored the park a bit.

Just before we left, we went out in the boat to a little island in the lake. We roasted weiners and spent time together enjoying each other's company. The kids had lots of fun there too.

Brian and I both took a zillion photos and had our laptops at the cabin so we could compare pictures. We teased each other about who took better pictures, and traded tips on using our cameras and photography in general (we even happened to have the same cameras!)

The 10th was a tough day. Four months since Freja died. I was very sad on that day and had been wishing that she was experiencing fun on the trip with her big sisters. Then I started thinking that if Freja hadn't spent time in the NICU, we never would've met Val and gained her as a friend. I am so thankful to know her, she was one of Freja's nurses and she took such good care of her. Every evening when we sat with Freja and saw her come in to work, we knew we would sleep well knowing she would be caring for our daughter.

7 comments:

Emerging Butterfly said...

((HUG))

Mirne said...

It sounds like a beautiful place, and your friends sound like beautiful people. I too would be grateful knowing that such a wonderful woman took care of my Freyja or Kees.

Holly said...

The trip sounds so wonderful!! I'm so glad you had a wonderful nurse like Val and that a friendship bloomed.

Anonymous said...

so glad you had a nice time. the pictures are just beautiful. your deer are so different than our deer here in cali.

four months... wow. i'm coming up on three months. i go back and forth between thinking i'm healing too fast and feel guilty and wondering when this will ever go away.

Juliet said...

These pictures are beautiful! I'm so happy for you that you had a good time, and that you have such a wonderful relationship with someone who had such an important role in Freja's life.

Once A Mother said...

Sounds to me like your little angel left you in the care of a very good friend. So happy to hear that you were able to laugh on this trip, to feel some joy. That sadness never leaves, but it does fade into background static here and there. Its a blessing when it happens, I am so happy you were blessed by that reprieve for the few days.

Once A Mother said...

Forgot to mention, thanks for sharing such beautiful shots from your trip.