Oh my God. Has it really been THAT long since I last wrote? Where did these past eleven days go? It seems like I just wrote that last post, and BOOM... Almost two weeks have passed.
??!?!??
Today I got a phone call from Princess' substitute teacher. And no, it wasn't because she was in trouble. I guess Princess had mentioned today at school that I have been making blankets for the NICU, and it just so happened that Substitute Teacher and her quilting group had been wanting to make some things to donate to the local NICU/PICU so she was looking for a 'contact person,' of sorts. I told her that I thought her ideas were fantastic, and that they would surely be thankful to receive anything that her group was willing to make. I will run this idea past my NICU nurse friend, to see if there is need for anything specific, aside from the obvious things that I could think of (blankets, incubator covers, etc...) She also offered to help me make some rag quilts, as I have tons of small pieces of fabric that I just don't know what to do with.
While I was talking to her, I also mentioned my ongoing receiving blanket project, which has been dubbed 'Project Freja.' She was very touched by my reasons for wanting to give back to the NICU that took such wonderful care of our daughter during her short life. In fact, she was going to mention it to her sewing friends to see if they might want to pitch in somehow with this cause as well.
You know, it was just the phone call that I needed to receive tonight. Knowing that other people who I hardly even know want to help out in honor of Freja brings a little bit of light to the gloominess that I usually feel every day. And this past week or so has been very dark indeed.
SGM Visits The Alpha Sigma Phi Fraternity House
4 years ago
3 comments:
That is so wonderful others are wanting to help! xo
It's nice to hear from you. First I am sending you a (((hug))) b/c I have missed you and I am sorry that things have been so dark for you. I think you are doing a wonderful job at honoring Freja with your project. And it is fantastic that others want to help along with you. I am sure that all the families that are being blessed by your hard work will be so grateful.
Sometimes we need those uplifting moments. I am sorry it has been dark days recently. I sympathise and hope for gentler, brighter days to come.
Post a Comment