BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, December 14, 2009

Let down

I don't really want to be writing more negativity right now... But it just seems that nothing has been working out the way I need it to right now. I'm feeling very let down today and here's the reason why:

I got the idea a couple of months ago to get a miniature Christmas tree for Freja. I imagined us and the kids spending an afternoon together, bonding and remembering our daughter and sister. I've been trying to come up with ideas of how to include Freja in some of our Christmas celebrations, and I figured that this would be the perfect idea.

I carefully selected bows and decorations and a cute little angel to place on top of her tree. Princess, who has an assignment due for school tomorrow on the topic of "Your Family's Special Celebration," had expressed interest in wanting to share her celebration of decorating her sister's tree. I had planned to make hot chocolate for everyone to have while we delivered it to Freja's grave. I was happy. Everyone seemed to share the excitement of this experience with me. Nothing warms the heart of a mother who has lost a child as much as watching the people who surround you making efforts to remember that child along with you.

But somehow... These things never work out the way I picture them in my mind. Instead, yesterday was filled with everybody else's agendas being fulfilled. And that did not include any time to spend honoring our baby, who deserves so much more than to be pushed to the back of the 'to-do' list simply because she is not here in person.

Oh yes, we attended Christmas parties, and Birthday parties, and when we finally had a moment to do some decorating, I was faced with a six-year-old who whined and bitched because it meant turning off the TV for a little while.

So, I give up. I'm not going to try to force this to happen anymore. This afternoon, my two-year-old and I will decorate it and deliver it to Freja's grave. At least she seems excited about doing it with me.

6 comments:

Poppy said...

I just had to come out of lurkerdom and give you a big hug! {{{{hug}}}}

I'm so sorry your plans did not come together as you dreamed. The hearts of the brokenhearted are so fragil. It's a shame more people do not realize how little it would really take to give a bit of joy to the ones who are missing someone at the holidays, and every other day.

I hope you'll post a photo of your sweet Freja's tree. I'd love to see it.

The Blue Sparrow said...

Its so hard when we want our angels to be included and remembered and it doesnt happen. Im sorry that your perfect day wasnt all it was cracked up to be. The day you had planned sounded great! *HUGS*

Once A Mother said...

It is so hard, watching the world move on without our babies. I too imagined the process of making a mini tree for Peyton to be something shared with my whole family, it was pretty anti-climactic. Thinking of you as these holidays approach.

Jen Sue Wild said...

Thanks for comenting on my blog your coment toched my heart.

I tottally feel your pain.
Yesterday was our agel boys 4th birthday we did not even get to singing happy birthday and eat cake untill ahalf an hour after bed time, but there was no way any body was going to be untill we did it.

Holly said...

I'm so sorry. I know how much you were looking forward to honoring Freja by giving her the tree. :(

I do believe the most important person will be decorating the tree and that is her mommy. If only things worked out how we pictured them in our heads. I know I'd like it a whole lot better.

Fireflyforever said...

I am so sorry. Freja's tree sounds stunning and I hope that you and your 2 YO were able to share a special moment with Freja when you delivered it.