BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Still.....

None of my family has mentioned her name.

I am so mad I could spit.

I am so disappointed.

Does everyone just pretend that she never existed?

I don't know how I am going to face this alone.

I am so broken and defeated.

8 comments:

Jill said...

HUGS!!

Michelle said...

We'll be thinking about Freja on Friday and honouring her memory. Hugs to you!

Rochelle said...

I am so very sorry your family doesn't recognize Freja's existence. You are not facing this alone. I will wake up on the 25th and I promise you that your precious daughter and her amazingly strong mama will fill my mind all day long. I will remember Freja with you, I only wish I could come kidnap you and have a full wonderful day of celebrating her short life. Sending you tons of strong thoughts and love.

Lea said...

Love and strength to you, my friend.

Unknown said...

Why not do something for yourself during this time such as writing Freja a love letter. Recount to her each and every moment you shared together and remind her (and yourself) how special that time was. You surely did a lot of loving during those days. IME, family just doesn't get it and avoidance is their way of not having to remember and feel the pain. Yes, it's annoying but it's also reality. There's nothing anyone can say at this point that will take the pain away anyway but there ARE things you can do for yourself. Things like remembering and writing it all out to your baby girl. You might find things you remember today become treasures you never saw before. Speaking from experience there.

Much love.
Jen

Cheryl said...

I've only read a couple of your posts, but one comfort that I have is that God always knows how I'm feeling and he is always there to hear my cries and dry my tears. There are many days since my son died that I feel "alone" and then I am reminded of the one who is holding my son now and the fact that I will see him again soon.

I know that as time goes on less and less people will remember my beloved son, but I never will.

I feel so intimately entwined with God because of this devastating trial. Although I would never wish this upon anyone (the death of a child) I am thankful that God has pulled me close and has covered me with his wings.

I am so sorry for your loss.

((hugs)) to you during this difficult time.

With love and Hope,
Cheryl

Holly said...

I'm sorry :( I hope that at least one person in your family mentions her. It would upset me too. ((hug))

Kristen said...

Recently, I wanted to tell one of my friends (I don't know very well but our kids are friends) that I remembered that it was the anniversary of her mother's death. I wanted to tell her that I was thinking about her and if she needed anything I would help her out. I didn't say anything however, because I didn't know how she was feeling and I didn't want to make her uncomfortable. I still feel bad about it because I want her to know that I do remember...

Now I am somebody who has lost a child and I still didn't know what to say. Know that your family is thinking about her but are unsure about how to proceed. You are Freja's mom. You brought her into this world and saw her out. You held her and cared for her for 15 days on top of the nine months that you carried her. You will cherish her memory more than anyone else. There will be many others out here remembering with you on Friday but don't be afraid to say something to your family. As Freja's mother, you are in charge and they are probably all waiting for your lead.

((((HUGS))))

Kristen