BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Thank you, Maxton's Mommy!

A couple of weeks ago I was lucky enough to be a winner of Maxton's Mommy's giveaway which was a part of the 25 Days of Giveaways.

She made me a beautiful customized painting, with one of my favorite verses from a Robert Munsch book:

I'll love you forever
I'll like you for always
As long as I'm living
My baby you'll be.


I need to take a picture, but my camera batteries have to be charged.

I am just so very touched that this mama, who is hurting too, has done something so kind for me even in the throes of her own pain and grief. It makes me very emotional to think that some of the kindest acts I have experienced in my life have been a result of the most tragic thing that I have experienced in my life. Knowing that all of us who are hurting over the loss of our children have embraced one another and want to do things for each other to help ease the burden and pain. It is a sense of understanding like no other.

I am going to find a beautiful frame and hang this picture in a place where it will be seen many times a day. It means so much to me!

4 comments:

Holly said...

I'm so glad you received something so special!! It always means so much with another loss mommy does something kind like this.

Cathy said...

Wanted to stop by and say thank you sooooooooooooooooooo much for visiting Annabel's blog and wishing her well. I hope 2010 brings great things your way.

Jill said...

It is touching that other bereaved parents are reaching out to others and offering support. Only another mom who has lost her child can understand the pain and heartache.

christie said...

ooooooh, that is the same book that my clara put inside of matthew's casket before he was buried. oh, that is just beautiful. i'm so happy for you... and i too have been unbelievably touched by other hurting mamas.