I'm having a bad day.
Or rather, I'm almost always having bad days for one reason or another.
And while I'm not going to write about how it's the grief that I'm overcome by today, my issues are still somehow related to it.
When I first lost Freja, it was all grief, all the time. I lived it, I breathed it, it was my entire existance. I couldn't think about anything else, and didn't care about anything else. As the months pass, not only do I now cycle through days of immense grief over losing her and missing her, but I also worry about my other family members' health, my health, the health of this baby inside of me, money, and the future. There is not a single day that goes by where one of these issues is not at the foregound of my mind, poisoning every thought I have with worry, fear, and hopelessness.
Today happens to be a 'money' day.
I try to think to myself, in the big picture of everything, this seems really shallow and insignificant to worry and obsess over in relation to some of my other worries; namely grief. And it's true - it's not nearly as hard to accept the fact that I am pathetically broke as it was to accept that my daughter has died. But still, it is on my mind today and is bringing me down in a huge way.
I'm sick and tired about worrying about money. I tried to promise myself that I would try not to stress myself out over it until it got to the point where the security of a warm roof over the heads of my children and I was jeopardized, and we had absolutely no money for food.
Well, I am there.
And it's horrendous for me to admit. I am so ashamed. I feel like such a failure as a mother. Nobody in real life knows my situation is this dire, aside from my parents who provide us with alot of necessary and luxury items that I would otherwise not be able to have for my children.
.....But I need to get this out, somewhere.
I feel horrible that I have to continually say 'no' to Princess when she tells me she wants to join gymnastics or ballet with her friends. I feel that MY choice of staying home with my children is finally having a negative impact on them. But, I feel so stuck. I probably wouldn't find a job in this town that paid much more than minimum wage, and what would I do with my kids?? I want so badly to be able to stay home with them, but at the same time not have to worry about stupid financial crap and struggling just to make ends meet.
I admit, I bought a doppler a few days ago. It cost $100. Now I'm wishing that I hadn't done that. My intention when I purchased it was to give me peace of mind that this baby inside of me is okay, but now I've set off a domino-effect of worry and I probably won't be any better off than if I hadn't bought it.
....Just $100 hungrier, because apparently my money-management skills suck and I didn't factor in the school pictures, and school fundraising crap that I bought, and well.... Yeah - the money I spent on the doppler was my grocery money for the month.
I've had to cancel my dentist appointment twice now, because well... I can't afford to go.
And Christmas is looking pretty bleak. If I can manage to catch up on my bills next month that I can't pay from THIS month, I should expect to be back exactly where I am right now.
$0.
I don't know how to keep doing this.....
SGM Visits The Alpha Sigma Phi Fraternity House
4 years ago
5 comments:
I'm so sorry that you're worrying about this now on top of everything else. I can only imagine how stressed you feel. I totally understand why you needed the doppler. Don't forget you'll be able to sell it once you don't need it anymore, and then you won't have to feel bad about it anymore. I wish I could help. :( Have you checked out the frugality section on MDC, I've seen lots of really great tips for stretching out a budget there. I know I can't take the weight of the stress off your shoulders, but I'm here listening and reading what you've written, and thinking of you and hoping for better days ahead for you.
I wish there was something more I could offer than just empathetic (((HUGS)).
I know how it feels to resurface from the grief temporarily and to realise that other things besides the obvious can bring you down.
I truly hope you are able to find a way out of this.
I hate that you have so many other things, including money, to worry about. There are so many struggling. :( I think grief makes us worry about anything and everything. It's not easy to NOT worry. I just sent up a prayer for you and your family. I hope that something can happen to turn things around.
Dear one...I am another mama that has felt the walls of poverty. After my eldest son almost died in a bycycle crash two years ago, my husband was laid off from a job he was VERY good at, and medical bills combined with our sons need for constant care, and the terrible economy that made it impossible for my husband to find work after 200+ applications---we thought we would lose our home. We went to the food bank every single month. We tried to be brave when we found out I was pregnant, and told ourselves that when my husbands book came out that everything would be alright again. Our babies died the week his book came out, and as such, he was not available for interviews and promotions. The book is out...and people have bought it, but not in the numbers we had been so sure of, simply because of lack of advertising in our terrible horrific moment. My husband finally got a good job, which, with our family size keeps us below the poverty level, but...better than it was before. I can't pay most of my bills...I play "pick the bill" each month to pay the most pressing ones...I have started to freelance..and blew my first payday on eating out with my family. . .We will have been married for 15 years, and have never known what the ability to save ANYTHING would look like. You can only save if you have extra. So...I say all this not to compare...but to say...I HEAR YOU!! It sucks!! It is really stressful!! and....you are not alone. ((HUG)) Keeping you in my heart. May the road ahead be filled with gifts and smiles...and a little more abundance. Oh..and one more thing....after all you have been through, I think I would count a doppler as absolutely necessary for your entire being. Sweet mama....it will be o.k.
((HUG))
Thanking you for your dear comment on my blog. So glad to let you know you are not alone...it's a small thing, but, it always helps me to know that too. Sending my love to you across the snowy day here in Montana. And one day, if you get his book...let me know how you like it! (HUG) Take your time...smile...I know what it's like to pinch pennies to make life work! XXXX
Post a Comment