Yesterday was Thanksgiving up here in Canada. We spent the day with the girls, cleaned up the yard a bit in anticipation of the snow that will soon fall and stay for the next several months, and had dinner with my parents. It was a nice day, but Sunday was the day that will stay with me forever.
Aside from doing the whole extended family Thanksgiving celebration this year, D and I decided to do our own little dinner - just him, I, and the girls. We cooked up a storm, preparing our first turkey dinner ever together. We had so much fun, and bonded as a family in ways I never knew possible. After our entire day-long preparation of food, we finally got to sit down, just the four of us, and bask in our success. I lit a candle on the table in memory of Freja. If there were one thing that could've made the day just that much better, it would've been to have her with us, babbling away in her high chair as she tasted mashed potatoes for the first time.
As we were eating, I glanced up at the flame and it was dancing wildly like I've never seen a candle do before. The air was still - there was no breeze or anything. It really struck me in a way that I will never forget. I became overwhelmed with the feeling that Freja was with us somehow.
After we cleaned up the kitchen and put the food away, I jumped in the shower. As I stood under the warm stream of water, the 'feeling' became that much stronger. I could feel her all over me. Inside of me. Looking over my shoulder. Her warmth enveloped me. It was both incredibly awe inspiring and frightening at the same time how much emotion was involved. I was overcome with something in between grief and the most immense love I have ever felt in my life, and I could do nothing but crumble to the floor of the shower and sob as I felt the presence of my baby there with me. She was there. She was with me. I can't describe it - this feeling - but it was definately something that touched every one of my senses at once and it was a Thanksgiving Miracle in itself.
Do you know how much I love you Freja? How everything in the world revolves around my thoughts of you? Do you know how much you are missed, and how much I ache to hold you again and know you are okay?
It isn't the job of a baby to realize and fulfill the needs of her parents, but I will be forever thankful to you for knowing how much I longed to feel you once again.
SGM Visits The Alpha Sigma Phi Fraternity House
4 years ago
5 comments:
That must have been so special and reassuring. I'm sure that Freja could feel all of your love pouring into her during her life with you, and knows just how much you love her. Thinking of you and Freja.
How sweet to light a candle for Freja and then the amazing moment to feel her presence so strongly!! What a gift!!
Praise God for allowing her to be with you. It is such an amazing feeling.....
-from one who knows from experience.
Much love.
Jen
Oh sweet Mama....thank you for sharing. I too have felt that love surround me...and oh god...what would I give to hold my twins in the flesh! I hold my sweet fluffy puppy so tight, knowing that somewhere...they know how much I want them...how much I love them.
What a wonderful day for a Thanks-giving.
Thank you Freja....
I have goose bumps. Thank you Freja for coming to see your mommy, for reminding her what it really truly felt like to touch you, and for showing her that your connection is boundaryless. What a beautiful experience. She was with you, she was definitely there blessing you with her presence and her love.
Post a Comment