It has rained so much in the past 24 hours that I'm not convinced we won't float away.
The yard is a lake. Ditches are full. Water is flowing freely over the ground everywhere.
Princess' soccer tournament that was supposed to be today was cancelled. It was rescheduled to take place tomorrow, but a phone call from her coach just confirmed that it won't happen tomorrow either because the fields will be too wet still.
I used to love the rain. The smell of the sky letting go was very cleansing, almost like having a good cry. A thunderstorm was always exciting, knowing my family and I were safe and warm. But now I can't help but feel aweful for my daughter, laying there in her cold wet grave. Every time it rains I feel panicked, hoping that she is okay down there. I worry so much about how she is many times throughout each day, and I try to remind myself that her soul is not really there in the ground. But I still feel very protective over her little body which formed and grew inside of me for 37 weeks. I just need to know that she is alright. All of her.
SGM Visits The Alpha Sigma Phi Fraternity House
4 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment