I finally motivated myself last night to go out for a jog. I took Princess and she rode her bike along side me. We made our way to a little cottage area, talking as we went on. It was nice to spend some time with her, as I have been feeling really disconnected since losing my baby. And in all honesty I probably haven't been investing as much quality time to *enjoy my kids* as I used to, with being so absorbed in my own issues. Someday, I hope for their sake that they will have their mother back, but even the idea of me ever being "normal" again brings on pangs of guilt.
As I jogged down the sidewalk back to my home, I came across a dead bird smack dab in the middle of the sidewalk. It looked like it had been there for a long time, and I didn't want to look too closely for fear of what I might see. I felt like I could lose it right there, but just put one foot in front of the other and held it together for my daughter.
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
One foot in front of the other
Posted by lost--for--words at 6:05 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment