BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Little brother......

I only have a minute, but I'm here to announce that Freja's little brother arrived safely into the world on Sunday, May 2nd. I don't have alot of time to write all about it right now, so here's the short version:

It was quite the day..... the whole day. I was in early labor when we attended a memorial service in the afternoon that Freja's hospital had put on for all the babies and children who had passed away in this last year.

It was babylost Mother's Day.

I was a wreck.

But in the end, I got to have my sweet baby boy in my arms. I very much felt the presence of his sister with me throughout the day, and when they said Freja's name at the service, I silently asked her to watch out for her little brother who I had a feeling would be coming into this world shortly. I know she was with us when he was born, and during the points in labor when I felt I couldn't take much more, it was my thoughts of her that got me through.

11 comments:

Lisette said...

Oh my goodness, CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am happy to you hear you and the baby are doing well. Freja must be to happy to see you with her baby brother. ((HUGS)).

Rochelle said...

So very happy that you're both doing so well! Glad he's here and in your arms.

Jill said...

Congratulations! Happy you both are doing well.

Holly said...

I'm sorry it was a tough day. Freja was surely watching over you all and I'm so happy your little boy arrived safely. Thinking of you and hoping you are getting rested after the delivery!

Michelle said...

Congratulations!!! A baby brother for Freja to watch over.

I didn't realize the hospital had a memorial on Sunday. How nice.

Lea said...

So happy for you. No doubt Freja was there every step of the way.

Juliet said...

I'm so, so, SO happy for you!! Welcome, Freja's little brother.

Unknown said...

Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the birth of you beautiful son! You don't know me, but I've just spent the last few hours reading through every post and crying through every word. I don't know the pain of losing a child, but I do know the fear of losing a child. My son was born prematurely and therefore ended up in the NICU. The first few days were unbelievably hard and I, like you, had never even considered death to be a realistic outcome. I consider myself SOOO LUCKY to have my baby boy still with me. I cannot even imagine the pain that you've gone through. I will pray for you daily. For strength to get through the pain, for a clear mind to help you remember every detail of your precious Freja, and for peace in your heart. I will pass along your daughter's name to a few friends of mine who have experienced loss of their babies and we will all pray over your family. I do not know you, but my heart and soul aches for you.

Congratulations again on the birth of your little boy. I will say a prayer for him that he always knows how lucky he is to be Freja's little brother! <3

Erica

Once A Mother said...

sending love and congratulations your way!

Susan said...

I am still catching up on blog reading and just came across your posts....congratulations on your rainbow arrival. I can't wait to read all about him as you have time to post!!