BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I know that I am long overdue for a blog post... I think about writing every day, and there have been a million things on my mind as I descend into the world of parenting my new little boy, but honestly there are not enough hours in the day to keep track of my thoughts in writing. I sit here with Soren on my lap - He is freshly nursed into a deep sleep, and for the first time in many days, I have two hands free to type! What a sweet gift he is, I have NO complaints even when it comes to waking up at night to feed and change him. It is all such a beautiful experience which I see in a completely new light. People look at me like I'm crazy when they ask how we are adjusting to life with a new baby and I reply back that I really can't complain! He is healthy, and at home, and doing all the things that a newborn should do..... His birth was perfect, I had my drug-free VBAC only 13 months after my c-section. And our girls? They're 'adjusting' wonderfully. Really, it's been ALOT easier for them to adjust to having this baby come home than it has been for them to lose their sister, but I don't think most people take this into consideration before they ask that question...

I see so much of Freja in him. SO much. I still need to write out his birth story in detail, but for now I am taking every second I can to just hold him and stare at every detail of this beautiful little being who grew within me through the grief journey of these past months. I want to take it all in and lock the precious memories in my mind forever. Things that don't need to be urgently done are being pushed back. The laundry can wait, it's not going anywhere. I just want to enjoy the true gift that every day of this baby's life is, in a way that somebody who has not lost a child would probably not understand.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Jen said...

He is gorgeous..just gorgeous.. I am so glad things are going well for you and him. take your time with him, take him in..we'll be here when you get time to write it out.. ((hugs)) and congratulations..

Juliet said...

What a cutie! I'm so glad you're soaking up every bit of his loveliness.

Three Lads and a Lis said...

mama, I knew you from the April 09 due date forum from DS. I have followed your journey for so long with Freja and I am grateful for your sharing your path. Soren is a beautiful little boy.

Holly said...

So happy for you and I love his name! Been thinking about you and how you are doing. I had no doubts that you were pretty busy!

He's such a cutie!!