It wasn't until recently that I became aware of the weight.
The heaviness.
The tightness in my chest.
The inability to take a deep breath.
The physical symptom that has manifested from the grief and tourment and guilt that I lug around every day like a ball and chain.
The images that replay in my mind, over and over.
Sometimes I feel like I can't breathe. Especially when I'm particularily stressed about something. And I'm not talking about that crushing, debilitating emotional grief type of "can't breathe," I mean I physically am so tense that I cannot draw in a full, deep breath. It scared me the other day when it happened. I thought maybe I had some horrible lung disease, or lungs full of cancerous tumours or something. And then I realized that I just can't relax.
Monday, November 16, 2009
Trying to Catch my Breath
Posted by lost--for--words at 2:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I havent suffered any of this pysically cant breath stuff myself but my sister has. They attribute hers to anxiety and stress. Your not nuts it's a real symptom of your feelings. I hope it gets easier to breath soon. *HUGS*
I haven't felt this but I know people who have. I'm not sure what they've done to help. Maybe relaxing activities? A trip to the spa? I wish I could tell you something that I know would help.
I struggle with this. I have been trying square breathing: breathe in for two seconds hold two seconds out two seconds hold two seconds repeat. It has been helping a little.
So sorry you are feeling this way. I find myself trying to catch my breath sometimes too.... it comes on so fast... heart races... chest tightens.... icky!
Feel better.
I nominated you for the Kreative Blogger Award - see my blog!
Hi, checking out your blog
Ashes
Yes....the inability to breath.
Sometimes people ask me why I have a service dog...
that is why.
Ferdinand makes life possible--he helps me to find my breath. slowly...but his sweet plush fur and gentle support helps...
it helps.
Post a Comment