BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, November 11, 2011

Today I Am Thankful (And Exciting News!)

Today is Remembrance Day... A day to take time to reflect and give thanks to not only those who have given their lives for ours, but also those who have fought and survived and have lived with the memories and the horror of things that no human being should ever have to witness... Without them, we would not live in the kind of country we live it. We would not have the freedoms we have, and the quality of life we have. I have always been proud to be Canadian, and today I deeply remember those who have sacrificed everything for all that we now have. I can't help but think about all those parents have lost their children to war. My heart hurts so much for each and every family who has lost a loved one. I feel so angry when I think of war and how it claims the lives of those involved. There has got to be a better way to solve the world's issues. I just hope and pray that everybody in this world will see that soon. It is already too late - There have already been too many lives lost. My thoughts today are very much with those who have loved and lost a family member or friend to war, and also those who live on a daily basis with the knowledge that a loved one could lose their life at any moment because they choose to fight for our country.

I also suppose that today will mark the beginning of a new chapter in the lives of myself and my family - At least publically - Although this is news that DP and I have known for several weeks, and aside from confiding in two close online friends, I have not had the guts to write about it on my blog yet.

I am pregnant!

However, for those of you who know me on Facebo.ok I ask that you please don't mention it over there yet. We have yet to tell our family and friends, but we are not quite at that point yet.

I did meet with my doctor for the first time yesterday. She is such a lovely person and an absolutely amazing doctor and I am feeling very blessed to have been able to get in with her again. When I first called her office, they told me I might need a referral since she is a specialist, but a couple of days later her very sweet nurse called me and told me that they would LOVE to see me again. We even got a peek at the baby yesterday with a portable ultrasound machine and it confirmed that I am in fact 10 weeks along and the little one is looking really good.

So once again, this experience is such a blizzard of emotion, and I do hold tightly onto hope for our family that this will all work out (with the help of a very special little girl who I know lends a hand in bringing very spiritual, life-altering moments to our family...)

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Congratulations!!!!! My heart is full to bursting with this amazing news! I can't wait to see your baby bump! Take care of yourself. ((((HUGS))))

Mattie said...

Wow! Congratulations and many prayers for you! I know it's not easy...and my lips are sealed!

Fireflyforever said...

Oh wow - what wonderful, exciting brilliant news. I wish you a very straightforward, boring remainder of pregnancy and a very alive baby at the end of it all :) (Am I allowed to say I'm a teensy bit jealous!? We're done but there is a part of me that wants one last one - but who am I kidding, I will always want one last one!!!) Anyway ... lovely, lovely news.

Holly said...

You prolly already know I'm thrilled for you!! :D Here with you every step of the way.

Nan & Mike said...

Hello there, I just found your blog and I am very sorry for your loss, it was very close to the date I lost my girls, and I think we are very much alike in our thoughts, I can tell by just reading a few of your posts. I hope this pregnancy goes smoothly for you and your rainbow arrives safe, I will keep you in my thoughts and check in. feel free to visit my blogs, and if you ever need an ear im here...hugs nan xxxooo